22nd March 2020 is not just an ordinary Sunday for all Indians. In wake of the coronavirus outbreak, the nation has started observing ‘Janta Curfew’ from 7.00 am to 9.00 pm, as called for by the Prime Minister. Here are the Pics of landmark places from across India which are otherwise bustling with traffic and people during normal days but were empty on the day of Janta Curfew.
1) Rajpath Road, leading to India Gate, Delhi
2) Bandra Worli Sea Link
It has hundreds of cars at any point of time in day is today absolutely empty
3) Howrah Bridge, Kolkata
4) Marina Beach in Chennai
It is the longest beach in India, has been closed for public
5) Charminar Monument in Hyderabad
6) Marin Drive, Mumbai
— Harsh🇮🇳 (@Khangat_Harsh) March 22, 2020
7) Delhi’s Connaught Place areas seems to have been taken over by pigeons
Delhi: A flock of pigeons gather in Connaught Place area, as people restrict their movement in the national capital amid #JantaCurfew today announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. pic.twitter.com/axyxt8fUxX
— ANI (@ANI) March 22, 2020
8) Western Express Highway, Mumbai
9) Empty Market Area in Jammu & Kashmir
10) Empty Streets in Kolkata
11) Victoria Memorial, Kolkata
12) Golden Temple, Amritsar
13) New Delhi Railway Station
14) MG Road, Bengaluru
15) A praiseworthy initiative by Delhi Police
We are on the roads for your safety.
Please stay at Home!!
Policemen giving flowers to motorists requesting them to stay at home.
— DCP New Delhi (@DCPNewDelhi) March 22, 2020
Delhi Police handing over a rose to these venturing out on the day of Janta Curfew and requesting them to stay at home.